With the new year upon us and feeling a little down on my passion projects I’ve decided to close my podbean account and with it iOS Only.
I’ve thought of a few new ideas but for now I can’t justify hosting costs for the amount of downloads I’m getting. It’s hard for me to pay for all of the infrastructure for this and my blog and I prefer to blog just now.
I’m looking at alternatives so it might come back in the new year but for now I’ve stopped to take a break and take stock of all of my projects.
Thanks to those that downloaded and followed along.
I was feeling overwhelmed and my TO DO apps weren’t serving me well so I did a brain dump to get everything out of my head and into a system to bring some calm and planning into my life, something I really need right now.
- I took my iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil and created a grided note within Apple notes to give me something to line up my text
- I then wrote down areas of focus (health, family, social, recreation, money, house)
- Next I created an ‘inbox’ line and proceeded to write everything down that I had in my head
- Then I went through the list and put an * next to all of the important ones
- Once I had read them all I then had all of my thoughts on ‘paper’
I’ve been playing around with a few apps but settled on TickTick as an app to try out this month, who knows it might stick.
I created tags for my areas of focus and then proceeded to copy my list I made above and get it all in order. I only have 2 projects (blog and podcasting), everything else is categorised using the tags.
I then went back through and set reminders and repeats E.g. put bins out every Thursday at 3pm.
I also created a smart list to show me anything that I ‘Must do!’ that I mark as High Priority in the app.
That’s everything out of my head, now to get on and do it!