I’m not on the hate train for the Apple Watch but I reached a point where (for me) it was causing me too much anxiety. I’m not ready to go into this in detail just yet but it became a situation where I was serving it rather than the other way around and I haven’t been in a place where I could manage having it on my wrist on a daily basis.
I reverted back to my favourite watch brand – CASIO.
Growing up in the 80’s I’ve got an affinity for this brand, having calculator watches when I was in primary school and it’s just a massive iconic nostalgic brand for me.
The F-91W has been around for over 20 years and it’s been on and off my wrist since then. I lost the one I used in university but picked one up again a few years ago.
I’m loving wearing it again for a few reasons.
- It’s light and comfortable, with a plastic resin strap it’s more comfortable than the Apple Watch bands I’ve found
- I can see the time whenever I want, I missed the always on display
- I’m disconnected completely
What I’m missing from my Apple Watch
- Having the screen light up. The light is terrible on the F-91W and when I’m awake at night I can only see the time portion
- Seeing my next appointment, I’m back to relying on my iPhone for this. It’s the one main thing I’m missing
- Activity, I’m finding activity rings hard to give up. I’m trying to get back into exercise but as long as I get out and walk that’s the main thing. I may go back to using if just for workouts, this is a work in progress
I’ll let you know how I get on in the coming weeks.
Have you switched from the Apple Watch?