First off here’s my setup so you know what I’m relating this post to
- 2020 11″ iPad Pro
- Bluetooth vertical mouse (with scroll wheel, left and right mouse buttons)
- Apple keyboard (taken from an iMac)
Since getting my new iPad with USB-C I’ve been plugged into a USB hub with attached mouse and keyboard way more than I did when I had a lightning equipped iPad and finding new ways to work with it everyday. These might seem like a small list (I’ll be adding as I discover more) and if you’re used to using it this way may seem basic but I’m hoping others like me using it properly for the first time will find it useful.
- Left click the little white bar at the bottom of the screen to go HOME
- Make use of the right click in apps as you would the right click to access options on an element on the MAC, you’l be surprised at the number of apps that have this feature enabled
- Don’t forget to use the scroll wheel in Safari and apps, it even works in the iPadOS settings app
- CMD+H to go home
- If you’re using a MAC keyboard then the function keys work (brightness and media controls)
- Hold down the CMD key within apps to get shortcut help
- CMD+TAB to bring up multitasker (then use CMD+Q to quit any apps you want to close)
If you have more please let me know and I’ll test and add them to this page.