Things 3 is a great looking app that had lots of potential for me but after trying multiple times I’ve stopped trying to fit it in with my workflow.
- I experienced missing notifications. I’d set a reminder and it wouldn’t show so I’d forget to do my task, my number one show stopper
- It annoyed me that the task name would be cut off with ‘…’ if it was too long
- Setting repeating and reminders is too many taps
- No dark mode
- Slow to load the app (for me on an XS)
- One of the best watch apps available. Quick sync and looks great.
- Integrated Calendar view
- Relaxed formatting on project view
When dark mode comes along with iOS 13 I’ll take another look but for now my quest continues. I’m going into Omnifocus next and I’ll report back.
Do you use Things?
The latest update brings app icon selection, I’m going retro.
Wasn’t expecting this free update to Tweetbot, wow it looks great with pure black mode for OLED screens and redesigned profile pages.
Ooops, bet people inside of Apple are working to fix it ASAP though. Strange bug.
There’ll be lots of app updates today as part of the big iOS 12 launch. Up next for me is an app that I am starting to play with, GoodTask. Anything that uses iCloud for calendar and reminders is on top of my list at the moment. I’ll update on how I get on but for now here’s what’s changed in version 4.1.
One of the apps that I’ve started to get into is Streaks. Along with iOS 12 today we get a version 4, which most importantly adds an iPad app and iCloud sync. Looking forward to getting it all setup today and testing.
My favourite Twitter app Tweetbot has got a shiny new version for the MAC. This is just a short post to let everyone know it’s available but I’ll be digging into it over the next week and will write up my thoughts.