I’m planning on doing some camera test on the new iPhone 11 Pro. I’ve got plans for indoors, night, ultra wide landscape and portrait. If you’d like to see anything else please let me know.
Got my iPhone 11 Pro in midnight green so as is usual I thought I’d post some pics from my Canon DSLR.
Source: Austin Mann
I look forward to these reviews every year and this years might be the best. Can’t wait too see how the ultra wide does in normal day to day situations.
Whilst waiting to get a new iPhone I sold my XS and went back to a 16GB SE.
I thought I would interesting to share my thoughts on using one in 2019.
First off the positives that I’ve found using it:
- Size and weight, it’s been nice to forget I am carrying a phone in my pocket
- No camera bump, sits flat on the table and doesn’t move around if I’m typing on the desk
- Headphone jack, I haven’t been one of those people constantly reminding it’s readers that Apple removed the headphone jack but it has been nice to use my BOSE in ears whilst the phone was charging
- Less distracting, smaller keyboard and screen had me using it less so I’ve been less engaged in social media but it has meant less posts to the blog
- TouchID, I haven’t been quiet on my love for TouchID as you know if you’ve read my stuff for a while
- Rounded buttons for volume up and down I’m finding are uncomfortable compared to the ones on the X series
- Screen size and keyboard, as I mentioned above it has it’s pluses and minuses so less distracting but hard to type on
- 16GB has been a pain, the one I have is the base model and I’m constantly running into space issues, to the point that iCloud Photo Library no longer sync’s back to the SE
So a few days left and I’ll be glad to get back to a larger phone but have to admit that I’ll miss the smaller form factor of the SE.
With a new iPhone comes the impending anxiety about which colour to order. This year we get a new midnight green that in images for me looks to be one I’ll be ordering.
I think with the new three camera lens setup looking a little weird this year it’s best to go space grey or green to hide as much as possible.
I’d usually suggest silver but the lenses really stand out and for me and looks pretty ugly.
The only downside I see of the green or space grey is the coating on the sides. If you drop a coated coloured one it’ll rub off and expose the silver stainless steel underneath.
With my silver XS I loved the way the stainless steel wore over time but I’m not sure I can take the brighter white we have this year. I know I don’t see the back often but I’m still not a huge fan of the look of the lenses.
My advice this year is that if you aren’t bothered about the look of the lenses go silver or gold. If you are bothered then go space grey or green.